22 May 2006

Bangoya, the true domain......!

Well, sadly I left my camera at home for this one, because it was just a kind of the spur of the moment decision to go to Bangoya and the camera on the phone did not have that best resolution I could have hoped for.

I have to admit, being on a real small deserted island for 6 hours on one of the most sunniest days ever is fun, but tiring. Bangoya island is about an half an hour boat ride offshore from the Dar Peninsular and there are no roads, no inhabitants, no shops, no nothing but plain and simple the most beautifull beach you will ever find. A lot of people do go there, but they are all foreigners and they also need the fun like we'all do.

So, Sunday was the big day and becoming 27 is actually quite scary. A lot of people will tell you not to worry because you are still young, but honestly they only say that because they are past that point and they have made their life decisions. For me on the other hand, it is the time now to think about stuff like that. Quite scary thought, 'cause I have always told myself that I do not want to get married before 30 and for me to find a girl, learn to know her and test drive her for 3 years long......you do the sums.

Dirk, Rieta, Dylan & me set off to this island and man, did I really enjoy it. For starters we had Redbull and Vodka on the trip as a welcome note...........I have also to admit that this was probably one of my best days ever in Tanzania. Spent it with great people on a very beautiful place and by knowing that i do really feel good inside, just made it even more special. After the trip, I was spoiled with a great dinner at a very beautiful restaurant and around 9am I was down and out. Alles Klaar! I could barely wake up this morning to go to work, but I managed the dull situation though. So, Dirk & Rieta.........Thanx vir 'n absolute lekker dag. Julle het dit vir my probeer die beste dag ooit maak en dit was....regtig. Ek kan regtig niks meer van julle verwag het nie, maar as die goeie mense wat julle is het julle dit moerse spesiaal gemaak. Ek wardeer dit onsettend baie. Baie, baie dankie!

So, fun is over and I'm on one year older........ and it is back to priorities like usual. A good note is that I have ordered my parts for my Beasts and it will be leaving America, I guess, today. With a Kawasaki 300 R waiting to be taken offroad, a KTM waiting to become fully operational and a shit load of work lying ahead, it really seems that there is a problem with time and definately for me that is.

I just want to comment on my previous post. The heading "looking back in anger" did not reflect my social well being at all, but like usually I typed in only the first thing that came to mind and I was thinking of the song from OASIS - Looking Back in Anger.....The heading didn't reflect the way I feel or felt. Not at all and that is the total truth. Thanx for the comments though.

So, I just want to say thanks to all of you who remembered my B-day and who forwarded me all the best wishes.....You guys are really the greatest and added a little bit more spice to such a great day. Thanxs my friends, you all are great!

Ciao