24 June 2006

Back and forth, but actually taking small steps forward.....!

To start off, Deutschland really impressed me today and that guy Podolski, fucking amazing. Just brilliant! I can not see why the fuss is all over Michael Ballack though. Deutschland has real impressive youngsters coming through the ranks and all I can say to Sweden is "Poly Sana". Really impressive football and now it is crunch time. You snooze, you loose!

For South Africa on the other hand, well guys, those fucking french is just so incredible. They just rolled over us like a steam train, but it is not where it will end. Even though we can accept defeat, we will not forget this game, not by a mile. Tomorrow the South African U/21 will take on the French U/21 in the world cup final and it will be a match not to be missed. Go Boys!

Other news is that my bike is starting to take shape. Soon she will be up and running again and it did take a lot of hours input to thus far, not even to speak about US dollars. I suspect that it will be another 3 - 4 weeks out of action, but she is coming alive slowely, but surely.

The past week was definately one of the hardest weeks in my working life and I believe that it will soon show great results. I have taken upon myself to do those things that previously freightened me and actually I'm not as bad as the ...............! Well Dirk, I guess you can figure the last couple of words out. Remember this is a public blog. I do see some big changes soon will come and in some kind of way I'm preparing myself mentally for these changes. I do think that I have the support and trust of my colleagues and I do believe that they I am worth every 5 cents that I earn. Anyway,

Slowely but surely I can see that Dirk and his family are preparing for the start of their "new life" in Australia and I can see that the decisions that they need to take ain't easy at all. I had a conversation with Rieta (Dirk's wife) and my friend, come easy adopted sister or mother for that matter about all their changes and decisions and I can take my hat of for this family. I have known Dirk now for about 2 and a half years and probably from the start I was part of their family. Now to see them go is kind of sad for me, but at the very same time I am really happy for them, becuase I know how they came to where they are today........By really hard work and by being absolutely great people in the true sense of the word. Rieta, moenie worry nie. Ons paaie gaan een van die dae sky, maar julle sal nooit vergete wees nie. Glo my as ek vir julle se dat jy sal nie een oomblik kan dink hoe baie ek jou, Dirk an Dylan sal mis nie. Maar ek glo ons sal weer mekaar eendag raakloop.

I have known Dylan (Dirk & Rieta's son) since he was 3 years old and I have seen grown into a great child, even though he calls me a poephol. I saw him changing from the time he started whatching cartoon network and never wanted me to whatch the rugby to a boy I can make deals with or bribe now just to be able to whatch the rugby. I will really miss him badly, but I think this decision his parents made was truly based on his well being and I hope he will be greatful for this decision some day. Julle almal is great mense en net so ter loops, ek mis ouma net so baie wat in Aussie sit. Maybe we can't sit around the same table when it comes to the Bulls & Sharks, but otherwise, it is still awesome.

So, finally to the Lourens family....I know it is at least 4 months to go, but I just wanted to say my thanks to y'all. I love y'all. Other news, there ain't much. Just going nowhere very slowly and one of these days I might be able to pick the fruits of my hard work and have payback when all of this comes to an end and when I decide to settle down back home again whenever that may be. Don't know yet, but the time will come for that decision.

So, this was my weekly input and it was a tough, but real satifying week. I am happy with myself, even if I am the only who thinks that.

Ciao