02 July 2006

I need SIMPLICITY!

My god! What can I say? This World Cup in German really got all the people to their nerves. First it was Friday night when German trailed 0:1 and in the 75th minute I decided that all the stress was not worth.

I stopped at the shop to buy some refreshments and as I walked out I saw all the people are starring through the SPUR's window and decided to have a peek. Then it was 1 all and thought that I should get quickly to a place where I could watch the football again. I got some extra coke for the rum and off I went to a friends place who was busy with a BBQ. I ran in stuck to my chair for the extra time in the game and thought that if it would go to penalties, then German will definately take it. And it happened! I withdraw all my remarks on Jens Lehman's qualities as a goalkeeper........This is just a bit too much for me.

So Argentina out, England out and now Brazil out. Last night I stayed up just to see how the french will get fucked up and then I think they played the most amazing football ever. It was by far the best game of the tournament with a good couple of yellow cards against Brazil and then there was Zinidine Zidane. What can I say? God, this guy really delivered the goods even though everyone was criticizing him. Amazing and astonishing! France beat Brazil 1:0 and as the commentator said: France has some kind of Voodoo against Brazil and that may seem so true now.

Sow, France and Portugal up next with Germany and Italy. I predict that Germany will go through now and I do not want to make a prediction between France and Portugal. So, Go Deutschland! Fuck, thanks to the German team is that they kept my nails quite short and it works for me......Please, not against Italy. Win great or just leave it. I can not deal with so many issues right now. Sorry Nafiz, Argentina and England are now out.GO! ENOUGH FOOTBALL FOR NOW! I will wait till next Sunday and we all will know.

Lately my time has been dedicated to work. Majority of it to Meetings (which I hate by the way 'cause most of the people attending it knows jack shit and only commenting of moral issues which by the way I am not fond of), designing, pricing, and all over just arguing with everybody because they do seem so incompitent.

OK, I am not a "workaholic", but just trying to solve so many problems at the same time and unfortunately I tend to pick up the blood pressure level a bit, my partly star sign is showing great affect in dominence (or I think it does) and overall I stressed out. I guess I am in need of a bit of TLC. For real, work has really gotten the best of me, but I can see the road now and that kind of helps a bit. Our Chief in Charge is in Town from France and as all the frustrations build up, I had a word of 2 with him. I guess he wasn't too happy about out, but I thought it was a great idea to give my 2 cents worth. The best route out and to settle the score was to take him out and sort most of our problems out over a great couple of beers and cocktails (not me, him) and a couple of rums (that was me).

So for the past weekend I decided to stay cool and this morning I has the urge to have a good breakfast around 10am at a local restaurant overlooking the ocean and decided to get in a couple of beers too. Too many infact and I guess 3 litres of beer is too much for breakfast, but I have enjoyed that. Haven't done it too much lately and I thought it's time for a change and new strategies are most welcomed.

The bike is coming on nicely now. So many parts have been arriving for the last couple of weeks and she really looks good now. Got her new tank on with a couple of stressing episodes when Dirk and I had to put on that fucking DECAL stickers that cost me 99USD and not really easy to put them on. But, it is done and now just cleaning and installing the subframe which will hopefully arrive in 2 weeks time and then I am off to go. By the way, a friend of mine has done the Johannesburg trip to Dar es Salaam via Botswana and Zambia in just 4 days. Man, 1000km per day on a bike. That take some doing, but I guess I will rather settle for 6/7 days trip and I will be able to grab a great couple of pictures too. My route will probably bee Malawi, Partly Zambia and Botswana and I guess it will be in the region of 4500km's.

So, Germany, you have done great and keep on. For all my mates out there. Guys, keep the faith and I hope you are all doing pretty well.

Ciao