23 May 2008

C'est la vie......!

I know, I know.......It has been a while since the last post. But to be honest, I somehow do not find the time I use to have back in the days of being an expat. It has been almost a year since my return to famous South Africa.

Famous in the sense of being in the news for all the wrong reasons. Or maybe the right reasons? Well, it all has to do with the fact that South Africans are fucking tired of other useless asholes taking over our country. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying they are doing the right thing, but I believe that someone has realised now that something has to be done and th epublic take it into their own hands........And it is really not that violent as it might have been broadcasted over the tele.

OK, back to my story. On the 31st it would be exactly 1 year ago I left Tanzania. Happy, yeah definately. I hate that place. But, somehow I miss my freedom. But on the other hand I have now the freedom I longed for in my career. I am on top and do just what I want, but only as long as I stay in the budget and the projects is done one time, in quality and in budget....OK, I sound like a real PM. But I like everything that has happened the last year. I have been back to Mauritius in September 07. I have been to Germany a month ago and to Ireland in 2 weeks time. I like it a lot.

Winter is around the corner. It is really getting cooler, the sun sets earlier and the parties....well that still is the same. Always a hectic subject here in Jo'ies.

Germany. Yes. I went to Germany for a 10 day break. God. It was awesome. Beer, bratwurst mit brochien and Beer and women and beer.....OH, I guess I mentioned beer more then once, but hey. It was fun. Stuttgart Furingsfest was absolutely stunning and that pre-school teacher....uhmmmm, I gues this is where I stop with it. Jorn, Lars, Kerstin & Kevin. Guys, Thanks. It was awesome and see you nest year for my 30th. OG god....30.Eish, I am already grey. I guess I need to start taking out a funeral cover plan. Uhm, nein. Too much energy left in these broken bones. October/November it will definately be Australia for at least 3 weeks. I love the fun.

So, what more do I have to say. I really don't know. It is funny how your life gets so quickly into a routine once you are back in your home town. But, sometimes that is good as well. A bit of stability will not harm anyone, right? So, this is an update of the young and restless. Dude, it is party time and I need to get out of here.

Tschuss.