01 November 2007

The next chapter of my life......!

Where do I start? Since my shift to a new company and me attending a whole lot of meetings in the position of Project Manager, I got use to the very first item on the "Minutes of Meeting" and I guess it is appropriate to start off thi post with APOLOGIES........

Guys, I know that I turned out to be a blog fader, but time is extremely limited. I did not forget about blogging, it is just that I.........! Ah fuck, no excuses, right?

What happened since my last post? Well, while being in Mauritius I received an offer which I couldn't refuse and like I have mentioned before I left Degremont about 3 weeks ago. My attention was quickly drawn to Projects in a huge scale and ended up me handling 7 Water Treatment Projects and 4 Sewage Projects. Even though they are medium sized projects, it still demands a whole lot of attention..........!

I manage these projects only in South Africa and it is still difficult to adapt to the local conditions. But still I am learning so much every day and the base line of Project Management is still the same as what you would find on other projects.

Enough said about that. I do travel a lot now in SA, which means that my incredible brilliant JEEP is picking up to much miles for his age. And like you also know that the exchange rate from Rands to US Dollars ain't prefferable at the moment. So this means import of spares is extremely expensive and maintenance is for me. Looking at the situation realistically means that I needed to buy a brand new car which comes with a motorplan and I decided that this is my chance and being a beamer fan, I decided on the 2008 model 325i BMW Coupe. It will only be build in December and be imported from Munich in January, so this means I will get the car towards the end of February 2008.

With that in mind, I decided that I need to start looking for an apartment to rent as well in January, cause my lease with Wayne is coming to an close. His wife is 11 weeks pregnant now and by that stage........well, I do not even want to think about how tempermenthal she can get (grumpy like all pregnant chicks do) and I need my free space as well. I found a place, but with the rental in Jo'burg being so high, it was more cost affective for to buy an apartment and that is just what I did. Guys, my premier home bond was approved today and I will now be a proud home owner. NOTE: with no fuckin money as well. But hey, who cares.........

Life now is in the fast line. Days go by, like an hour during lunch. I enjoy every second of it. I wanted to settle back in SA and now I have done so. Although I still miss all you guys so much. I miss travelling, but hopefully in 6 months time I will do so again. Honestly there isn't much I can comment, except the SOUTH AFRICA is now the CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD as they beat England convincingly in the Rugby World Cup Final 2 weeks ago. And still today people are driving in the road with green painted cars demostrating there patriotism....GO BOKKE!

Guys, I got to run. I miss you all so much and I hope that life treats you as great as it is doing me! May the South African force be with y'all.

Good night, God bless!