27 May 2007

Time on a end..........!

For a couple of weeks now it seems that this huge pressure was lifted off my shoulders and I took a couple of steps back and reflect exactly what was is happening around me, where the road will lead me, trying to understand just what I need to learn from this experience in Tanzania and then of coarse prepare myself yet for another change.

I do feel personal growth after spending 23 months in Tanzania, look on life with a more mature outlook and taking the necessary decisions to determine my personal well being at the end of the day. I really tried to take the best out of the last couple of weeks and enjoy what Tanzania had to offer. Honestly, I really do not think I will be sad leaving this place, but as from previous experience you tend to miss the people you leave behind. I had really good times here as well as very sad times and at the end you just learn from your life and grow into the person you ought to be.

Realising the time I spent here was dedicated mostly to my job, but at the end you realise how many good people there are out there in the world. As usual, you have to carry on and friends they will be forever. Even if you only carry them in your heart with the memories in your mind. It is time for new experiences. It is time for new people and responsibilities, but mostly it is time to follow the road where life takes you. Ultimately the decisions is yours to determine exactly what you plan for your life and the key to that "perfect life" (if that ever exists) is solely your responsibility. Go out that and take it.....It will be up for grabs!

Even though it seemed that I was not the happiest of people here in Tanzania, I do understand that it had to happen and I will take from it what I can. Now the time is to change. Change my life, change my goals and just change exactly that caused me so much grieve and cut it out of my life.....How else could you survive?

Lately, Vodka & Redbull became extremely one of my favourites and I can honestly say that I did abuse it to some level.......But I did enjoy it with great company and I am looking forward to make the aquintence again in the future on home soil. If you don't believe that you could win, how would you?

Just a word of faith.....I have made it. I am alive and tough times in your life could be beaten. I will never lie down and accept defeat. It is just not me.

Thankfully my time here has now ran out and this will be definately be the last blog in the deep "BUSH" of Africa. I just want to say thanks for the people who played important roles in my life and thanks for the fact that I could call you my friends. If you ever feel the atrong connection between us, just know that I do as well and I will always cherish your respect, friendship and advice in my life. I really do love you all. Thanks for the time here. I just want to mention a couple of names here who I believe played the most important roles in my life here in Tanzania in no specific order.

My family in South Africa, Nic, P'ulani, Leroy and Jackie van den Heever
Dirk, Rieta & Dylan Lourens
Surehka Seeth ( my pillar, strength and support)
Mr. Podi Bandara and his Sri Lanka gang
Don & Carrol Huntriss
Jean Louis Pierrefeu
Wayne & Lisa Storey
Terry, Simon and Abhed
Steve & Tania Laurie
Ian Adams
Bjorn Smith
Patrick Haye
Shargia & Gulnara Feizi

This is just a couple even though there are a lot more. Just live the dream!

PS: I have read on Susan's & Timo's blog that people are enjoying Birthdays in Germany. I guess by this time it is the Birthday of Hado. Sir, happy birthday and I do hope you enjoy it. Although there is no physical words, just know you are still in my thoughts and may your life be filled with great experiences and great people. May your road lead to experiences that you will always keep close to your heart. Happy Birthday again!.

Then it is also the birthday of Susan sometime soon. Although I really do not know when exactly it will be, i do think of you. May you also enjoy your birthday and spend it with incredible people. May you enjoy all the happiness in the world and know you are never alone. Let peace, happiness and love always be part of your life and know that you are blessed having the people in your life which you do. Happy Birthday as well madame.

Gordon van den Heever