05 September 2007

Mari Bon Sa.....!

This will only be a quick entry of the happenings of Mauritius..........'Cause time is precious and you don't have too much to waste of it, so........!

I have returned to my home (Mauritius) on Saturday, 1 September '07. The flight was excellent and Air Mauritius has now a new Airbus A340-300 flying between South Africa and L'isle Maurice. What also is now that the departing gates from Johannesburg is from the new terminals that was build during the last 2 years and I have to agree that if South Africans do something, they do it in style. There is only one problem with this terminal and it is that you have to walk for fuckin' miles to get to your gate......Anyway, it was original designed to accomodate the new A380 and there is always some method in the madness.........

Anyway, back to Mauritius.....I can swear that the flight use to be 4h30min. Now it was only 3h30min. So much so that this is now so much better. A quick flight to the L'isle Maurice....Yippeeeee, just sad that you can not get so much more phoenix in during the flight. But who cares, Mauritius is full of phoenix. And by the time you leave, you will be extremely tired of drinking phoenix (and there will be definately more in your bag on departure...Rrrrrrrrrr

So I arrived here on Saturday night, picked up by Phillip and went home to drop off the bags. For those of you who knows Mauritius, I live just around the corner of the Quatre Bornes flea market. After that we sett our sails for Fliq en Flac.....My home town (use to be) and you can not believe the change that occured in Mauritius during my 2 years of absence. Shez Pepe is till alive and pumping and under new management. The club right above SPAR, Arena has closed down. A good couple new restaurants on the beach road in F&F and Buddah Bar does not exist anymore. Can you believe a lovely place like that closed down. Now I am starting to think that it was making mega bucks due to the patriotism of me and the GERMANS.......Man, remember those germans going balistic in that place.......I was always the one who behaved myself, yeah right!

Who of you could remeber the Mafiosa pizza from Shez Pepe and for me it was without anchovies and a shit load of tobasco......rrrrrrrrrr. Anyway, after that we wnt to Kenzi........Guys, Kenzi bar changed and it is not owned anymore by Olivier. I do not know who of you remembered that fuckin' weird frenchman Mathew.....He was always the waiter there and then left afterwards. Well, he owns it now. It almost looks like a gay bar now. Fuckin' weird but apparently it still pumps on Fridays......Will check it out this coming Friday and revert back to y'all.

Sunday, we decided it was time for a BRAAI on the beach in Le Morne......My gott, have you ever seen Le Morne being packed like that......With chicks, halleluja amen......women gallore and for the gals, well there is apparently talent hanging out there. Apparently Le Morne has build a reputation for itself to be one of the hotspots for Kite Surfing now in the world. And it was pumping with KiteSurfers......Beach is always as beautiful as it was back in the good old days, so no dilema there at all..........

Monday was quite a busy day for me. I had to work from the house to get my shit sorted out for my project back in SA and so as well on Tuesday. Monday evening I decided to visit my plant up in Vacoas and I have to admit that if I ever could compare a water plant with a woman, the she would have been a fuckin belter......My gott, she is so beautifull and she is running like a dream. With minor problems of coarse, but she is absolutely stunning.....I will go and visit her tomorrow afternoon again and take some pictures and post them on my next post. Tuesday evening we went to the diving club up at the PHOENIX Circle (roundabout for the americans)..........There I have met one of the most gorgeous girls I have seen in a very long time. She is stunning and fuckin' cute......RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrramba! But she is only 19.....But in all fareness she does look a bit older.

Today I went to meet a colleague of mine and once again they offered me a job. Will see if they come with figures closer to the end of my holidays and lets be honest, for the right money I will definately considder moving back here......I think I need too....I can feel this is home and I do feel comfortable here among my people......! Forget the last part - Just trying to speak like a politician. Tomorrow I will go down to F&F to find out more about the prices for doing my Advance diving coarse through Pascal. Do you guys remeber Pascal......He was that Creole who use to sing at Kenzi when it still was Kenzi.......Will see what come from this.

So, this was a quick update of the happenings on the island of broken hearts and dreams......I wish you guys a pleasant week ahead, 'till next time it is Ciao from me.