24 November 2007

Slavin' on........!

The last couple of weeks were extremely tiring. My whole career I dreamed to be a Project Manager and today, I am wondering.........!

Running 17 projects simultaneously isn't what I would call fun. Knowingly it might only be for 6 months, it really is hard. It seems that there isn't enough hours in a day and not enough days in a month. Workaholic? Yeah, maybe. But I believe it is for the good. People at home is phoning me to find out if I might come home this evening, 'cause no-one really knows. When duty calls, you're on your way.

The last couple of weeks I have seen the ins-and-outs of hotel rooms, airport lounges and car rentals. It is now at a stage where I walk into a car rental agency and people already know which car I prefer to drive for the money available by the company to pay for it. The good thing is I am charge and somehow it seems I know the answer for everything. From contruction, negotiating BILL of QUANTITIES to commissioning and claims. Degremont really trained me very well, but I have to believe that I have paid for that training as well.

Holiday? Well, in 2 weeks Jo'burg will shut down and where we will go with it, I don't really know. It is really scary to look further then 1 week ahead. Time goes by so quickly and slamming the breaks on could mean that I will go in resasitation.........hope not! Let's see what happens.

Personal note is that it is really tough to include someone in my life at this stage due to time constraints. She is available, but I will see how far it will go. NO PROMISES this time around. Just play it safe. It seems that a persom could mature here under these extreme conditions in, let say just a couple of months and that is what I am afraid off. Take the time off and grow steadily.

'till next time!