12 April 2007

31 May 2007

For all of you that wondered why my Blog, SKYPE and MSN reads 31 May 2007, it is that my birthday will find place 10 days later then it normally would have and that on this day one of my biggest wishes in the last couple of months will come true.

Yeah, it is the day that I will leave this godforsaken country. To be honest, I'm pleased with this decision and definately my mind has taken shape to the ordinary world or mine at least. In someways I do not regret that I ever came here, but ach, I do so much. Now, I know one of my biggest principles is not to regret anything, but this one I can not help for.

Being in Tanzania for the last 21 months, it definately changed me so much in many different aspects. For starters, I am 2 years older. I have had a broken knee and wrist. I dislike french people even more and I am a bit wiser and more confident then before. Tanzania taught me at the end of the day that you need to be really strong to survive this ordeal, you need to be mentally strong to adapt to this world and you should have patience. Patience is the only thing I do not have here and that could probably mean that this could have been the reason why it was so hard for me to adapt.

I have seen the other night a DVD called "Blood Diamonds" and this really opened my eyes and realised how close it was with reality and what is happening with AFRICA. It reflects honestly true life in AFRICA and what they do to each other just for money. This reality shocked me to death and made me think how easy it to us just to look past the reality surrounding us. We looked at it as "NORMAL" and we try to adapt to it to survive. Frankly, I do not care who says what. This is my opinion and no-one will ever be able to change it. I have been there, I have got the T-Shirt and I will get the fuck out of here soon.

Where will the road take me? Honestly, I do not know and I really do not care at this specific point in time. After the 31st, I will enjoy a much needed rest and just maybe plan to go to my isle. I can guarantee you now that my time off will be a minmum of one month and just maybe I can push for the second to clear this head of mine. I do have a couple of propositions for work at the moment and the first and foremost staying on in Degremont moving into commissioning that will guarantee that I will not be longer in one specific country for more then 6-8 months which is totally fine for me. I have a couple of job offers and just maybe I will go back to school full time. The one idea (I know that Dirk would like it) is to go to Australia, but I do not want to commit myself to such an extent to imigrate just for the sake of work. I am young, independant and have a career going for me and I should use this to the maximum to secure for definate a great future. Whether I have the support of my colleagues, well, I do not give a fuckin rats ass about it.

So, for now it is 7 weeks to date and it will not change (guaranteed) and then I am free. Most of the crap I got gathered up here in the last 21 months are sold within a day and I do have some extra cash I didn't bargained for....Just my luck! I think enough has been said now,

So lets see how it goes.

Ciao