05 March 2007

End for being alone, the start of being united...!



Well, the title of this blog refers only to the life of a single man. I guess from now on it will be a start of hopefully a good life between 2 incredible people.
What can I say? Last week I went to South Africa for the much enjoyable ceremony. For me it was a real quick in and out flight (2 days to be precise) only to witness the marriage of 2 good people. My former "FD" in South Africa and currently one of my best friends around and his gal (now wife).
I remember the last visit of Wayne in Mauritius where I knew that something was definately wrong. This was in July 2005 and a huge party going on at my place in F&F. People like Uma (just came back on that Saturday afternoon from Tanzania), Bruce, Sandrine & Bryce and me attended a BRAAI as usual at my place. I remember that we had this huge piece of fillet on the braai where some people referred to it as the trunk of an elephant and basically we all except Wayne ('cause as usual he was on the phone for a fucking long time) finished the meat in 10 minutes flat. I suspect that was some sort of achievement & probably a record that day. I remembered the night before was Bruce's B-day and we had a one heck of a party going at Buddah Bar and well the following events is something that I do not really want to talk about. But it was in the lines of only sleeping 20 minutes before I had to go to work, ended sleeping in the car park at the airport, got a speeding fine not because I was drunk, but 'cause I drove extremely slow and the cop couldn't even recognize that I was drunk & driving, and of coarse returning home where all the events of the previous nights started all over again.....My god!
Anyway, it became that bad where I actually wished that Wayne would leave for his hotel in Grande Baie for me to be able to get a well deserved rest.....! But of coarse that never happened! Anyway, I remember Wayne telling me about his problems and I wished for his sake that he would get out of the relationship that he founded himself in (His previous relationship and of coarse he did soon after). Wayne wasn't happy at all at that point in his life and I know he found it extremely dificult to get out of at that stage a 4 year relationship and fiancee, but he did eventually and I met up with him a couple of months later in Johannesburg and this is where I met Lisa. Man, what a gal!
Anyway, I saw Wayne transformed from extremely unhappy to a man that had everything going for himself again. I was extremly happy seeing these 2 getting married almost 2 years after. Both of them turned out to be one of my closest friends to date and both of them being extremely happy. At the end, witnessing a fairytale like this inspires everyone and make them believe that life does have more advantages then disadvantages. Life follows its own cycle and changes everyone if you let it. I believe that life always works out for the best, it is up to us not to fuck it up.
At the end, I have to say that this was one of the most spectacular weddings ever. AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL with 2 AMAZING PEOPLE. They are on their honeymoon now in Thailand & Vietnam and believe they will now come back as one unit or entity. That is what life is all about. Being special! I just want to congratulate my 2 best friends ever and wish them all the best.
Wayne & Lisa Storey, 24 February 2007.....May the fairytale live on