01 January 2007

Reflect on 2006 with the eye on 2007.....

2006 has seen its end. Someone once told me that one should not look forward untill you understand what happened in the past.

Well, 2006 was a year that hold a lot of sadness at times, difficult times where there weren't any light shining down the line, but it also included incredible times, times with laughter, times with fun and as well a year where I did a lot of travel.

Sitting here thinking back I remembered a year that weren't really easy, but definately one year that I can say that I have truly learned a lot. I do not want to say that at times I wished that the time could go faster, but as usually in difficult times it seems to be the norm. We are all 'bout to be one year older, maybe wiser, but definately a time that we could look back in a couple of years and say that I definately experienced 2006 and what she threw at me and at the end.....hey, look, I'm still here and I have made it.

I see 2006 as a year of friendships. Whether it was saying goodbye to someone or just the normal hello. We cann't survive alone, whether we like it or not. Being back in South Africa really was a tremendous experience and I have learned so much that we normally take for granted. Being with your family, friends for life and just your normal surrounding.

It is incredible to think how quick we are getting older each day and it is funny to sit back and starting telling stories of my childhood and be thinking that I have now officially been out of school for 10 years and what have I accomplished? To tell you the honest truth....I do not know what happened with the time that elapsed so quickly, but I am so happy to be the person I am today. I am really happy with the people I associate myself with. Whether it is by word, emails or only by heart. That is what makes me the person who I am.

I know this coming year will be a year where a lot of my friends will get married, start their own families and somehow I sit here and wonder if that is what I would like to have. Ja maybe, but I do not feel too comfortable with that thought....Not now that is! Wayne & Lisa are getting married end of Feb and they are planning to have children really quick. I have been asked to be the godfather of the first born. Are you guys nuts? Do you really trust and know me? It definately will be the greatest honour in my life.

So, to wrap up this reflection I sit here and think about everyone out there that I love so much. It doesn't mean that if you do not hear from me that I do not care about you. No, believe me when I tell you that I always think so much about you guys.

Dirk, Dylan & Rieta - I miss you guys tremendously. Wayne & Lisa - Guys I love you all so much. Anne & Tom - I like Cape Town a lot. Timo & his whole family, Joern, Kevin, Kerstin, Hubert, Sandrine, Edina - I really think of you guys a lot and miss you so much. Nachi - Brother, India got fucked up in the cricket but I miss you. Nafiz - Brother, what's up? Jessica & Uma - Yanks, I miss you guys and hopefully I will see you somewhere this year. Wimpie, Megan, Nicholas, Morne, Patrick, Oliver, Annelize, Herman, Pierre - Guys, not to far now and I will be back home. For my family - Guys I really love you and I miss you all.

So, 2006 is officialy gone and 2007 is starting to unfolds its mysterious ways........

Happy New Year Y'all and God bless!