18 January 2007

Can you fucking believe it?

Sorry for the heading, but that is exactly how I feel at this point in time.

Well, since my return the work hasn't died off, not at all....It did actually picked up quite fiercely. I mean, since I woke up on Sunday morning 7am I actually only had 16 hours of sleep. What I mean is that people who knows me, knows I have to get my minimum 8 hours in daily or I'll get really grumpy as people found out on Tuesday. I had to go through Sunday and Monday and eventually got to bed on Tuesday morning 3am.

Since then, well....do the maths. Anyway, got up this morning at 5 am and set off to Bagamoyo that is 85kn away from DAR and I got there around 07:30. Soent there the whole day sorting out shit in 38degrees centigrade and left at 6pm. Then I decided to swop cars so that I can give some guys off this weekend and that I will drive equioment to our other site on Saturday 75km away.

The end result is that I got back to the office a couple of minutes ago and realised that my house keys is on my other set of car keys and the guy who has my car is in Bagamoyo. Do you think I will drive back to get my keys? No, fuck that. Got our local guy to come out and brings his angle grinder with. I will remove that oadlock later tonight with force and I will enjoy it.

Anyway, I have mentioned in my previous posting on the upcoming travelling and to be honest, the dates needs to be set. At this point in time it seems that it will not happen before May and latest starting around October '07. I will have more info on this in the next 2 weeks when I will know what will happen with my position here in Tanzania. I have to say that I did receive a couple of calls yesterday asking me to come back to South Africa.....So, this could now become definate within the next 4 - 6 weeks ann then just finishing up with the new contract in Senegal and then I guess I will be free from mid April. If I will stay in DAR, the earliest I suspect that I will start travelling in October '07. So Amu, I know that this is not very specific, but my life at the moment really has a lot of unknowns and varies from day to day. But, it will definately happen during this time. I just hope the Americans will give me a Visa though.

Cheers for now....