15 March 2006

Bienvenue a Paris!

Well, in Germany I thought you could plan a whole trip down to the minute, but being advised by my friend Timo that to be on the safe side, rather plan things to at least an hour. So I did and ended up by taking a flight earlier than scheduled and it left me in total chaos!

I ended up 2 hours earlier at Charled De Gaul Airport and I immediately got in touch with my director's scretairy to arrange a driver for my pick-up at the airport. To cut a long story short, I ended waiting for this guy at least 1.5 hours on the airport, but the good thing is that he did show up. He took me to my hotel in Port Malliot and I decided that eventhough I would only be in Paris for 1 day, I needed to see at least the Arc de Triomph and of corse the Eifel Tower.

I got into my room, drop everything down, grabbed my camera and handycam and hit the cold streets of Paris. I soon made my way to the Arc de Triomph and was so amazed by the way these guys could drive without any traffic lights or lane markings entering & exiting the 12 lane circle and note that these guys are from Europe and they do drive on the wrong side. It was really cold and I got great pictures and soon I sttod with the decision of going or not going to the Eifel Tower. This African boy was not too clued up with the publice transport service of Europe and therefor needed to get on foot to every site I wanted to see.

It was quite easy finding the Eifel Tower from the Arc De Triomph. Who could miss suck a big Tower of steel covered by at least a million lights. It took me at least 1 hour to get to it, but I'm pretty happy that I did see it. I really wanted to summit the Tower for only 11 Euro's, but there were too many people in a qeue and the clock was ticking. I had to get at least on French steak while I was in Paris. I got the necessary photos and headed for a Steak Grill on the Mac Mahone Boulevard for supper. The food was really great and quite expensive I have to add.

The next morning was the big day. Of course Gordon can not go and see the "Big Boys" with only shorts and T-Shirts and so I had to dress up for the occasion and I wore a tie.....What the fuck bru? The discussion was quite promising and I met all the people I needed to see, but I did realise something very important on this day. I was already thinking of what I will do next year when my contract in Tanzania are finished eventhough it was 12 months to go. I told them that the most important thing now on my schedule was to finish this contract as good as I could and then we will talk.

So, things are quite promising for next year, but first things first. Finsih what you have and then you see. I was told to arrange a meeting again next year around the same time and then we will see. I was quite amazed about the confidence these guys had in me.....for now I need to proof at least that I'm worth any penny I earn. Save the last dance for me. I heard something real interesting today on a movie and it goes something like this:

We can not plan our future for definate. All that we could do was to use the facts by hand to make the best possible decisions for now and the rest will follow. Very inspiring words I have to say. Lets give it a go!

I left Paris around 18:20pm on Friday evening and came to my last stop, Kerstinin Frankfurt am Main in Germany. The rest will follow in the next posting. For now, just enjoy the pics, because I did enjoy it by taking them. Miss y'all.

Ciao