07 March 2006

Tip of the Day - Don't fuck with Faith....!

So, I have informed all of you guys what I have done up to Friday. Just after I blogged my last posting, Martin (my Buddy from SA) came and found me at a local pub called Lord Nelson. I have actually lost my way to his hous and the only thing I found very suitable to spend 5 hours, was this pub which gave free internet to any of it's clients only if you had a beer or two or three.....

So, Martin came and picked me up at at the bar and we set off to his house where I have met all 8 of his house mates and their boyfriends and bla bla bla. All of them were quite cool and there was this one chick who played amazing guitar and she she astonished me with her voice. The sad part was that she only new christians music except for Matellica's Nothing Else Matters. The cool thing about his house mates was that they were all from South Africa and it was really cool to meet up with some local boytjies in a foreign country. Friday night was not a big night for one good reason and that was because of my hangover from the previous night. Eish.......

So Saturday morning I set off to meet my cousin in Wimbledon. It was really great to see her and I kind of needed to associate myself with people that knew me for very long and I haven't seen her for about two years. We kind of talked about our family members and what was new and exciting in our lives and it was really and I mean really great to see her and a very familliar face again. After our session at a local coffee shop we met up with her b-friend at an Australian bar called walkabout. Soon the alcohol was flowing fiercely through our vanes and then I became loud again as per my custom. Hummmm.......Anyway, around 5pm I set off home to meet up with Martin to find out what our plans were for the evening. We cruised along on the couch till around 8:30pm and then we set of for SOKKIE (Discofox), a South African way of dancing customed to mostly Afrikaans speaking people.

I have actually found out how much Afrikaans people lived in London and that was only a small majority apparently. God, so much people. Earlier the day I had this conversation with my cousin (Moncherie) of how we ran away from home and actually we find even more local people around us anywhere we might find ourselves in the world. What is the idea behind this feature? Anyway, party went well and as we left I found that someone was selling Boerewors Rolls just outside the bar. Lekker, fuck, I miss South African meat.......

On Sunday it was another day to meet up with old friends of mine. This day was particulary special because I met up with Nafiz. Dada took me to a restaurant and we had steak. Afterwards we decided to go whatch a movie called The Weatherman (Guys, don't waste your money on this shit.) After this Nafiz wanted to show me some tourist attraction sites and we went to Hyde Park and the London Bridge. I found the bridge pretty spectacular during the evening and it was amazing spending time with Nafiz. Just wished we could have had a couple more days. I set off home and again we just laid back on Sunday evening.

So Sunday evening I saiid Goodbye to Nafiz and Martin and hopefully next year I will team up with them again. Monday morning I decided to spend the whole day with my cousin and I stayed over for the night which ended up quite amazing and knowing that I have learned even something more special about my cousin. I do really like her B-friend and it was really satisfying to speak to someone that knows me for basically forever and I kind of feel that I have grown so much closer to her. I really would love to see her back in South Africa and I do really wish the best of luck for her and her future and Moncherie, thanx vir alles girl. Jy is regtig 'n ster and volgende keer gaan ons hard saam kuier. Ken op en loop trots, want jy is 'n ster.

So, this morning it was all about getting back to the airport and off on my way to Germany again. It was a real tiring travel experiance but I have to say I am home safely and will go out tonight with the boys again. Timo, Hubsi, Rusta (Not really anymore) and Mitty. Timo picked me up from the train station and we had just soooooo much fun shooting a project video in the snow and cold and I think I would really like to see the edited version of this music video. It could only be amazing.

Well, on Thursday I'm off to Paris and I will return on Friday night where I will move in with Kerstin and hopefully hang out with Lars as well. This is really the last of my buddies that I will see on my Euro tour. On Monday evening, well I'm on my way back to Tanzania for another 12 month stint and I got to say I have found peace in my soul. This was really all I needed to actually move on and was this just an unforgetable experiance. Guys, I do love y'all and I will hopefully see ya all in good health next year.

May the SOuth African force be with all of you. I love y'all and miss y'all already soooo much.

PS: The photos are on my flickr photoblog, so check them out. Moncherie, asseblief komment op myu blog as jy dit gelees het an laat my weet wat jy daarvan dink. Ma, jy ook.

Ciao for now.