03 March 2006

Emeralddogs and O'Neils......

Does it sound weird and a bit Irish? Yeah, you have guessed it right.

Last night Joern returned home around 6:45pm and it was time for dinner. Where should we go.....I really didn't care much as long as it is fun.....like always. So, we decided to hit the subway once again and headed for Leicester. It's funny what 2 months in London can do with you. I mean, Joern has been here since the first week in January and he knows the subway by heart. In-fucking-incredible.....OK, yesterday I spent the whole day on the subway and when it came to making decisions, I kind of knew that I rather would prefer the Circle Line train up to Westminister and then take the Jubilee line to Canary Warf.....to go and see Martin......I knew at this stage that changing train on another specific station is shit, because the Jubilee connection was a walk to far....and that means 20m instead of 35m.....This is why this people is soooo fucking lazy, but yet again time is money, right? Alright, I had a comment this morning that I'm already a Londoner....uhm, yeah right.

Like I have said before....Last night we went to Leicester and we pulled in at a steakhouse call Angus Steak Restaurant. Joern's steak was really incredible, but with my luck I had to swallow mine with beer. I'm complaining about the steak, but on the other hand swollowing it with beer just gave it another reason to drink more......man, I love holidays.

After dinner we had to decide what was next on the schedule...German Brauhaus or a Irish pub with 3 levels. I've decided to go rather to the Irish pub for 2 reasons. The first is that I just have spent 1.5 weeks in Germany and the second the Irish pub/club, O'Neils are open till 1pm I think. The first hour at this Irish joint was quite shit, 'cause I will still loaded with a 300g steak with mash. What Joern didn't know was that I had a steak just before he came home, so.....I was loaded. We finally decided that it was time for party. I told him that if he wants to go big, I have to change from beer to Captain Morgan (Dark rum with Coke and NO ice) and so we did and so the party really started.

With our luck there was a live band this evening and once they came on stage and I saw this guy is close to 50 and he had a very distinctive hard rock voice, I knew we are going to be in deep shit the next morning.....(Joern had to go work, but there was no way we were going to leave early with this band) Catch my drift? The start off was the following.......We hate education, we love sex, we love drugs and we LOVE ROCK & ROLL.....Oh my god, the first song was "Another Break in the Wall - from Pink Floyd" but in a hard rock version.....Just fucking incredible.....And the one great song came followed by another including U2's "Still haven't found what I was looking for"........Oh my God. 3 hours and 120pounds later we decided that it was time for home and did we evaluate our market value? And were we drunk? Sehr Gute! Ich Liebe London!

So, then we were off towards home and unfortunately or rather fortunately the subway closed down around midnight. So we had to catch the bus home and the closest pickup point was at Picadilly Circus, bus #94. On a way to the station, Joern withdraw money and I found a guitarist playing music on a side corner. I asked my African brother (from Senegal) if he knew any U2 songs and he pulled out "Elevation" It was just a moment to remember forever. I gave him half of my change and we left and a couple of steps further down I turned back and asked him if he knew "Don't Worry, Be Happy" and of coarse he did. He played it and Joern and I were singing along very loudly and later another girl came to join us and we made a party to remember on the streets of Picadilly Circus.......Just so fucking extrodinary and amazing. It was definately one of my best decisions to have come to London.

So we got home (and do not ask me what time) and went to bed. I have to admit this morning up and untill now, I was really (and I mean really) fragile. So, lets see what will happen tonight. I will move in just now with Martin and that means...........Well, you guessed it. I will let y'all know what happened.

Ciao

PS: Joern brother, enjoy Hambourg and see ya again on Monday. It was really amazing to spend time with you again. Deutschland.....Hellow!