22 March 2006

What goes around, comes around........

How do you know when you are back in Tanzania? For those of you who don't know it is when you get out of the airplane and you realised within the first couple of minutes that your face and clothes are soaked. That is just the way I like it.

The world around me is so green from the rains during my absence and it is really beautiful living 5degrees south of the equator. Saturday morning was definately one of the most beautiful mornings I have seen in such a long time. I do not know if it is because of the cold that I experianced in Europe or it is just maybe a change in the mood. On Saturday afternoon it started raining and I realised I left the window of my car open. I ran outside to go and close it and I just stood in the warmth and rain with that very destinctive smell of soil......Man, I guess I know why I love working with water. It purifies me!

So, since my return I have notice so much changes. Personally and with everything basically around me. Super14 rugby is on full day on Saturdays for the next 2-3 months and I just remembered how much I missed whatching rugby the whole day and somewhere in the afternoon prepare a BRAAI and drinking beer the whole day.

Another change I have noticed is that the travel (not trumpet) bug has bit me. I basically just landed and the very next day already start looking for a place to go on holiday too. First I thought of Comoros Island, but 150USD per night I think is quite expensive for me especially after my Euro tour. I thought of going home for about 11days (only 3 days leave) but I do need to be around cause Dirk will go away for a couple of days and actually I do want to see new places now. I found out of a much better place actually not being 4/5star at all. Pemba Island.

This island is just of the coast on the border of Tanzania and Kenya and I saw it from the airplane and it was soooo beautiful from above. Covered with turquois water and it quite looke far from everything. So research I have done this is where I will go from Friday the 14th to 17th April. Flight tickets will cost me as a Tanzanian resident around 95USD for a return and a room around 55USD per night B&B. I have seen photos of the island and it is really fucking beautiful. They have a colony of about 120 - 200 spinner dolphins swimming basically just offshore and apparently the best kept diving spots in the world. We will go on the Saturday on a dhow from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon and do 3 dives and have lunch on one of the deserted islands close by. So for about 350USD I think it is a great deal, just sorry they do not have any PHOENIX beer. It is really funny what the cold can do to someone!

So, it seems that I will go this weekend to Mwanza on the shores of Lake Victoria for working purposes. Thanx Dirk, I will go and see if George can really drink. Show him that alcohol flows in my vanes! So, flying seems like my normal transport these days. At least I do not have to be 2 hours in advance at the airport.

I kind of realised that Gordon is back when I woke up this evening at 11pm and decided to go to work. I really got a lot of email out and now, well typing this posting and it is almost 4am. Just wondering what later this will bring.....what can it be? I guess just a shit load of work....uhmmm

So, for all you out there, I really miss you all. Jess, you are probably enjoying your ass off in Thailand. Sandrine, welcome back in Germany. Nachi, how the fuck are you doing? Man, I had so many problems posting a comment on your blog. Joel bru, nice chatting to you and have fun. Anne, what's up girl? Timo, don't let the studies pin you down. Mitty, Mathias & Hubsi, I miss you guys. I want to party! Joern, how are you doin? Kerstin, what's up gal? Anyone knows what happened to Uma? Amuuuuu, where the fuck are you? So, for everyone else who I didn't mention, have fun in the name of LOVE!

Ciao