29 October 2006

Isn't it about time?

Well, I haven't updated my blog in the past couple of weeks due to only one thing....NO TIME! That's it. Short & Simple and of coarse I only had internet in my office. Because of this and the amount of time I spend daily in the office, it ain't too cool to go the office on weekends just for an update, right?

OK. There was a couple of changes the last couple of weeks since my last update. The first is that our new boss arrived almost 1.5 months ago and he has taken over officially from Dirk about 2 weeks ago. So now, Dirk is once again a FREE man and I guess it was great working with him the last couple years and now it is really coming to an end. His wife made a comment a while ago about us arguing so much, but yet we work together so good! Wow, what to you expect from 2 Tauruses working in one office. Yeah right, a recipe for major fucking disaster, but at the end it work pretty while and we both are really professionally and keep social life apart from our professional life.

Dirk sold all his furniture already for his fresh start in Down Under and starting the first week in December. Will see if moving to Down Under was a good one, but at least they are extremely confident and happy and to say the least....Only do that, that could make you happy. Take the chance and risk......For all we know it definately could be that best choice ever.....

Yeah, so with Dirk's departure I moved up on the food chain. Taking over technically all 3 sites in Tanzania and do not really know at this point if it was a good decision, but time will tell. All that I can say is that I'm really working my ass off. To crown this I got a new appartment in DAR as part of the package of promotion/demotion. (time will tell)....and yeah, I got myself a decoder that can record DSTV and ASDL at home. It is so fucking awesome imagining ASDL in Africa....OK, i know Mauritius had it, but Mauritius are definately 2 steps above Taz. Dirk & the family moved in with me for their final stretch to mid November when it is ALL OVER and good bye to my good friends.

I promised the Lourenses that I will come and visit as soon as I'm finsihed here and that could be Sept/Oct '07. What a fucking long way to go. But I will only come if there is something organised for me socially in Oz.....You get what I'm saying? A bit of jigi jigi with the "small house"....OK, it is the direct translation from Swahili for a bit of fun....Rrrrrrrrr

So my plans as far as it goes now. Oz around Sept/Oct '07 and the trying to get to US of A for a couple of weeks. Saying HOWZIT to all of you Yanks down there! So, this is what was happening during my ONLINE absence and hope it will go smoothly from here.

Ciao y'all